10 Benefits of Oil Pulling
- White, bright teeth
- Healthy gums
- Fresher breath
- Increased energy – something we all strive for
- Clearer mind and decreased headaches
- Clearer sinuses, reduction of infections and alleviated allergies
- Better sleep
- Clearer Skin
- Regulated menstrual cycle and alleviated PMS symptoms
- Improved lymphatic system
I couldn’t believe it, but after just one week of oil pulling every day for 10 minutes, my skin was clearer, my teeth were whiter and my allergies were almost non-existent. The kids were seeing great results as well.
As well as these amazing benefits, oil pulling can also reduce the instances of illness and infections throughout the body, which is a definite plus in my book.
- Coconut Oil – you can melt it first or just let it melt on your tongue. The smell and taste may be too much for some, in which case I suggest buying the version that has been processed to remove flavour.
- Sunflower/Vegetable Oil – This is what we have been using and have seen amazing results, but from a health perspective we will be switching to coconut oil.
- Grapeseed Oil – We have also tried this one and it works just as well as the Sunflower oil.
Beware of peanut, canola, soy, corn and cotton seed oils. These tend to be highly processed and genetically or chemically altered.
Olive Oil, although a great oil, is not recommended for oil pulling as it can leave a green tinge on your teeth.
If you would like to read more about the wonders of Oil Pulling, you can check out Wellness Mamas awesome post here and Delicious Obsessions post all about oil pulling with Coconut Oil here