I have to say, I’m a little surprised by my goal achievements this month.
Last month I made no promises when it came to the blog and as far as education, I had planned to take my camera on outings to play around with techniques.
Well, I completely forgot to take my camera with me when we went out and that’s not a bad thing, as I got to enjoy just being out with my family. But I did manage to get a couple of blogging books read, which was awesome. And although you guys can’t see it, I have actually been doing some blogging stuff behind the scenes and I even have some guest posts on another site that I’ll share with you guys soon.
We spent Easter weekend enjoying family time, making use of our very neglected BBQ and binge watching the new season of Daredevil on Netflix.
We expanded on teaching the kids new skills by mixing up the families chores and hubby taught Jake how to mow the lawn, which he’s done 4 times already and wants the grass to grow quicker so he can do it again. I figure the novelty will eventually ware off but I’ll make the most of it until then.
Unfortunately our gym still hasn’t opened (delay in equipment being shipped) but we did manage to enjoy a couple of impromptu get together’s with friends, which was great fun.
This month I decided to take a whole new tack when it came to my health and it is paying off nicely. I’ve been trying to get some exercise in each day and my energy level has improved heaps as a result.
I’ve been enjoying some light reading and movie watching as my selfish indulgence and I even managed a couple of shopping adventures and lunch treats. I’ve had fun performing Random Acts Of Kindness and have even been the recipient of a couple too, which is such a great feeling.
I still enjoy those moments of reflection each day and taking the time to be grateful for all that I have. These will continue to be goals for the rest of the year.
So here are my goals for April:
2016 Monthly Goals ~ April
- Spend quality time with friends and family. I’m keeping it simple and going with what works and what brings me joy this month.
- Continue with my current way of eating and up the exercise. I’ve been feeling much better and I’ve even had reduced symptoms. I plan to kick it up a notch with a more dedicated exercise plan and more focus on what I’m eating.
- Do what makes me happy and do what I can to bring joy to others. Helping others makes me happy so I want to keep going with the RAOK’s. I’m also really loving getting back into reading and listening to music,so I want to make those a regular part of my day.
- My daily reflections and gratefulness have become habit so aren’t really needed as a goal anymore, but maybe having them here will help inspire someone else.
- I plan to implement some new routines to help get the chaos under control and make life a little simpler around here.
- I have a couple of blog posts just about ready to go and a few other changes that I’ll be implementing. I’m feeling my blogging mojo return as my energy increases and hopefully that will result in a more present me.
- I still have a couple more blogging books to read and I’d like to brush up on my SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). But I’m not going to put too much pressure on myself.
Basically I’m adopting the mantra of Keep It Simple. No need to make life any more complicated than it needs to be.