So last month I set myself 20 goals to achieve over 5 categories; Family, Health, Life, Blog and Education.
Despite a few hiccups, I did pretty well. I was able to achieve all 4 of my Family goals and we had a fabulous time playing board games, card games, going to the park and Hubby and I even managed a couple of coffee dates.
Health went better in the second half of the month than it did in the first. I started eating better, got some exercise and by following my naturopaths advice, some of my symptoms have eased heaps.
My weekly Clearing the Clutter series has helped get our family organised which was one of my Life goals and I have found that being more grateful and performing Random Acts Of Kindness as a part of #raokinitiative have made me much happier. I was a bit slow with getting into meditating but once I did, I could feel the difference.
Now as for my Blog goals, I struggled more than I had hoped. I wasn’t able to get the two posts a week up every week, though I did get better. I feel that the posts I did write were helpful and for that I’m really happy. I didn’t get a chance to work on my freelance writing and although I shared more on Facebook, I didn’t feel “present” and Instagram kind of fell through the cracks a bit.
I was actually surprised by how much I achieved with my Education goals. I was able to finish 1 of the Blogging books I was reading. I completed a couple of lessons in my EBA course and even had a play around with some graphic design. I also tried to incorporate some of the things I’d learned about photography when taking new photos. I still have a long way to go, but I feel confident that I’ll get there.
2016 MONTHLY GOALS ~ FEBRUARY
- Continue spending quality time with the kids. This is going to be a little harder to manage with them back at school, but I’d like to include games like scrabble and boggle into their homework time to help with spelling.
- With them back at school I’d like to teach them how to make more of the snacks they take in their lunch boxes. Not only will this teach them new skills, it will take some of the pressure off of me as well.
- More one on one time with hubby. This month will include 2 movie dates and a lovely dinner out thanks to a gift voucher we one at the work Christmas Party. Our new gym is set to open at the end of the month which means we can also spend some quality time together while also getting some exercise.
- Make more time for friends. This isn’t strictly family, but our friends are like family to us and with busy schedules we don’t always have time to get together. So this month, I’m wanting to change that and spend more time with those who are important to us.
- Work on getting my blood sugar levels stable. When I was diagnosed my test results were quite high and my normal reads are higher than what is considered ideal, but my specialist isn’t concerned. Despite that, I’d like to get them lower.
- Daily exercise is still something I am trying hard to achieve. Our gym is set to open later in the month and I’m planning to include some weight training and classes into my exercise regime.
- Continue to eat healthy and try and cut out the not so healthy snacking as well as trying some new recipes to avoid getting bored.
- I’m still following my naturopaths advice and plan to move on to the next stage of healing.
- Getting organised is a major goal and despite some serious decluttering, I still have a long way to go, so this will be an ongoing goal for most of this year.
- Meditation and Reflection will continue to be goals for this year and years to come. It is a chance to get myself in the right mindset for the day ahead and then to drift into a restful sleep of a night.
- Continue being grateful for all that I have. I think it’s far too easy for people to get caught up in what they want or what they don’t have and they forget to be grateful for what they do have.
- Perform more Random Acts Of Kindness #raokinitiative. I’d like to think that this was a no brainer, something that we all did automatically, but sadly society has drifted away from this and we now have a need to remind ourselves and others to be kind.
- Blog weekly. I’m hoping with the kids back at school I will have more time to dedicate to writing, but it may take a few weeks to get back into the swing of things after 6 weeks off of school. So I will at the very least continue with my weekly Clearing the Clutter posts and will try my hardest to add in at least one extra awesome post a week.
- I want the posts I write to be of real value to you all, so if there is something you’d like me to share or write about specifically, comment below or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’d still like to be more present on social media, but I have to admit that I find it a huge drain on my time and with my health and family my top priorities, this won’t be a big goal. I’ll still be sharing on Facebook and twitter (and Instagram when I remember) but sparingly for the next month or so.
- Freelance writing is still a goal of mine but I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to devote to it. The kids are back at school now and it’s going to take a bit to settle into the new routine, which I’m hoping will allow time to pursue this.
- Work on my EBA course. I did actually play around with a couple of lessons, but during the holidays, it felt more important to spend the time with the kids. So fingers crossed my new routine will have time to get at least a couple of units completed in February.
- I have discovered that I have lost my joy when it comes to photography. I only pull my camera out for blog picks and that feels like work. So this month I want to rediscover my joy. I want to take random pictures just for fun. I signed up for a 52 weeks project, but it just didn’t feel like what I needed, so I’m thinking some exploring with the kids and my camera are in order.
- I still need to finish a couple of the blogging books and I’m sure that will be easier if I turn off Netflix, but when little Miss wants to stay up and won’t let me turn my computer on (she’s currently climbing all over me and trying to edit this post) then Netflix makes things easier.
- Graphic Design is something I am really passionate about learning. But I’ve found that, for me, it really needs to be learned in peace and quiet and with 6 kids at home there isn’t a lot of that. I will continue to push through though and do what I can, even if it means a couple of early mornings before everyone is up.
So my February goals are basically the same as January but that is because they are long term goals and they are going to take longer than a few weeks to achieve.
How did you go with your January goals and what have you got planned for February?
If you’d like to join in on the 2016 Monthly Goals, you can add your link to the linky below and be sure to head over and check out the other blogs that are taking part.